6. Aim for Content Variety
Apart from the usual text post or status post, there are other Facebook posts you can utilize to engage with your customers such as:
- Photo Posts: As the name suggests, photo posts contain photos and captions. They tend to receive higher engagement than text or status posts and are great components of any engagement strategy.
- Video Posts: Video posts play automatically in the newsfeed and usually get higher engagement than photo posts. Short, compelling videos can capture your audiences while longer videos are a great way to share your business story.
- Live Video Posts: These are basically live video broadcasts on Facebook. They are a great way to engage with your audience and give a behind-the-scenes of what is happening in your business.
- Linked Content Posts: A linked content post is a post that links to content outside of Facebook. This is the easiest form of content to create as all you need to do is copy and paste a URL into your page's text box. Facebook automatically generates a photo and description for the post.
- Poll Posts: A poll gives your audience a chance to vote between two options. This is a great way to engage your followers and audience (everyone loves to share an opinion on social media).
- Facebook Stories: This new and trending Facebook feature is a very different type of "post". Positioned on top of the news feed, it's the first thing your followers will see, however, it will disappear after 24 hours! This may be a photo or short videos that, for whatever reason, is not something you want hanging around your feed indefinitely. About half a billion people view Facebook stories each day.